• When Was the Last Time That You Cleaned Out Your Closets and Your Drawers?

    As people around the country are working to clean out their closets and their drawers in their best spring cleaning efforts, it is important to remember that there are a number of people who are in need of those items that you no longer wear. From people in the Heartland who have lost everything from the worst flooding in half a century to families who struggle from paycheck to paycheck on a regular basis, there are many times when donations to charity clothing pickup options offer the hope that many people need.

    Identifying both problems and solutions is not always as difficult as the politicians make them seem. Some times, for instance, it is as simple of those who have so much giving what they do not use to those who have to little. As simple as charity clocking pickups helping make these connections and transfers possible.

    Are You Ready to Do Some Spring Cleaning in Your Home?

    From clothing to houseware donations, there are many ways that you can find to help those who are in the most need. Unfortunately, without thinking of those who are in need the average American tosses 82 pounds of textile waste every single year. In addition to not helping those who are most in need, this useless waste also fills already crowded landfills.

    Helping families in need and helping military families who are struggling while one parent is out os town are just two of the ways that people can find a way to make an impact in an otherwise confusing and overwhelming world. By contacting organizations that pick up donations you can more easily make a difference sooner rather than later.

    Consider some of these facts and figures about the many ways and times that charity clothing pickup services provide help to those who are the most in need:

    • To get a feel for how much our consumerism has influenced our lives, consider this: in 1930, the average American woman owned only nine outfits, but today, that figure is 30 outfits, which means one for every day of the month.
    • We could save about 25 million trees each year if every American recycled just one-tenth of their newspapers.
    • 80% of donated clothing in the United States is used by charitable organizations for donation to the needy, and for funding.
    • The U.S. generates around 25 billion pounds of brand-new textiles per year, according to the Council for Textile Recycling. Nearly 85% of that eventually heads for landfills. Goodwill, Salvation Army and other secondhand stores get the remaining 15%.
    • Unfortunately, research shows that 12 million tons of clothing and textile waste is thrown out in America every year.
    • 95.4% of Americans indicate that they participate at some level of charitable giving.

    We cannot stand idle while our neighbors and those across the country are struggling, especially when helping is as simple as donating our unused clothing and household items to those who are most in need. The option of charity clothing pickup services makes this option much more convenient.

Leave a reply.

You must be logged in to post a comment.