So, you know you have a lot of towels in your home but you have had them a long time and want to update your supply. You are looking at catalogs and the like to find your new items but what kind do you need to purchase? Do you need to buy a beach towels? Do you need a bath towel instead?
Many people just look at the names and think they understand the main differences between the two kinds of towels. When they look to buy a beach towels, they are looking for something they can use at the beach or when they are sitting by the pool. And when you want to take a shower or bath, you need bath towels. Simple, no? Yes and no. There are some reasons one towel is labeled for the beach and the other for the bathroom. Here is some information on what makes a towel a beach or bath towel.
- They are differently sized. When you are going to buy a beach towels, you will notice that they are bigger than a towel that you would get for your bathroom. The average beach towel measures between about 48″ to 58″ by between 54″ to 70″. Most bath towels run between 42″ to 58″ by about 24″ to 30″. There are real reasons beach and bath towels are made with such different sizes. This all goes to the reasons we use both kinds of towels.
- Each was created for its own purpose. When you order towels, you know that you plan to use some for one thing and others for something else altogether. Towels in the bathroom as used for day to day activities such as showering and bathing. Beach towels are used to dry off after going into the water at the beach or at the pool. They are also used to lounge on. When Americans take their vacations at the beach, at least 60% of vacationers say they prefer to lay on the beach and do nothing and they want to be comfortable when they are doing that.
- One is thicker than the other. Generally, people like big, fluffy, and thick towels to step into when they are getting out of the bathtub or shower. When people go to buy a beach towels, these tend to thinner. Bath towels can get very icky with mildew and mold much more quickly.
- Their relationship to water is different. When people use a bath towel, the main goal is to absorb all of the water from the body. Because these towels are thick and made of cotton, these are very good at soaking up water and they will hold onto it. Beach towels, on the other hand, can sap up water but they are thinner and this means they hold onto less. They dry a lot faster. Bath towels need to be washed more often so they do not become moldy.
- Beach towels are more portable. If you are taking your towels on vacation or even just a short distance in the car, you need them to fit in your bag. Most people have more room in their homes to store bath towels. This is why bath towels are much larger and not as easy to take from place to place. The beach towels are great for rolling up and putting in a bad to head to the beach or the pool.
- They look different. Most bath towels are pretty generic looking (though many people do have personalized bath towels). They are one or a few colors but often they are not as bold looking as beach towels. Beach towels often have brighter colors and designs. There are also a lot of logo beach towels and personalized photo beach towels. Businesses do well by putting their logo all over beach towels.
Both beach towels and bath towels can and should be soft and comfortable. When you buy a beach towels or look at bath towels, the main thing to think about it what you need it to do for you. No matter what its name is, it will work well for you.