The drawstring bag was not a planned part of the costume, but it was more than effective. When your eight year old son donned his Incredibles costume for the night he insisted that he had to add the black drawstring bag on his bag. He knew that it was going to be a great night of trick or treating and he did not want to have to go home in the middle of the night to drop off candy. In fact, he was certain if he could convince his siblings to bring drawstring backs as well they could probably have the best night ever!
There are many custom Halloween trick or treat bags. Some are embroidered with the child’s name; some are actually designed to match the costume; all of them serve the same purpose: to hold the night’s collection of candy.
Reusable Grocery Bags in Bulk Serve a Number of Important Purposes
On the first of November, when Halloween is over, there are still obvious reasons uses for all of the reusable grocery bags and various kinds of drawstring bags. From taking a lunch for an elementary school field trip to the most effective way to take other items to and from work, plastic bags serve a number of purposes. Unfortunately, if they are not disposed of properly, these plastic bags can also cause a variety of problems. Although theses bags are easily recycled, if consumers simply throw them in with regular garbage or let them blow away, they can become environmental issues that last for months.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the many kinds of bags that consumers use, as well as the trash they create. and the impact that they have on both the environment and the economy:
- The average American school lunch creates 67 pounds of trash a year, amounting to 4.6 billion pounds of waste each year in America alone that could be avoided, according to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- With the average person using between 350 and 500, the U.S. uses nearly 100 billion plastic bags a year.
- The average reusable bag has a lifespan equal to that of more than 700 plastic bags that are merely disposable.
- Plastic bags are only used for an average of 25 minutes.
- Unfortunately, plastic bags make up more than 10% of debris that washes-up and pollutes the U.S. coastline.
- Roughly 2% of plastic bags are recycled in the U.S., according to the Environmental Protection Agency, which has been collecting plastic bag statistics for more than ten years.
Trick or treat season may be over, but there are still many uses for the bags that are initially used for carrying grocery. The use of a drawstring bag, in fact, is versatile for adults as well as children.